Wednesday 17 July 2013

Cadbury's range of sweet advertisements

Cadbury has always come up with lovely advertisements for its range of chocolates. I love the song for its Dairy Milk Silk and especially the video in which a boy and girl enjoy the chocolate in staircase without bothering the girl’s dad. The girl even introduces the boy to her father smiling while the father stares and walks away. That was my favourite Dairy Milk Silk TVC video and I like the Bharathanattiyam girls’ video too.







Dairy Milk’s Shubh Aarambh – kuch meetha ho jaai campaign very successful and one of my favourite is the boy asking for a piece of chocolate from a girl in a bus stop. That was so lovely, but not as lovely as the husband and wife dinner video. Everyone should remember the video in which the lady asks,” When was the last time you said I love you to me?”




Dairy Milk shots got a shot with TVCs that are funny. Those advertisements are so famous that these were imitated in films. Even a film was released in Tamil named “Kanna Laddoo thinna aasaiya” from the dialog used in the Tamil versions of the advertisements. The video in which the girl asks for sleep over in a guy’s home due to car breakdown and rain was awesome. Both the actors did it so superb and their facial expressions were super cool.



Cadbury Temptations advertisement was notable too, but I don’t see the TVC anymore and neither the chocolate is found in stores nowadays.







I saved the best for the last. Cadbury Bournville is my favourite of all and the news reporter’s video was so nice. I love the tagline that says Bournville has to be earned. And now, the latest Bournville is not so sweet, because too much of sweetness can be dangerous. Watch it for yourself below.








Cadbury is one of the advertisers who show consistency in the quality of commercials. 

My Average rating for all Cadbury advertisements that I have saw : 3.5 /5 

No comments:

Post a Comment