Saturday 20 September 2014

Do not undervalue a Rupee

                I can’t understand what Airtel feels about one rupee. The latest advertisement from them for watching videos in one rupee is not having a clear stand and actually it appears gross to me. In almost all the videos in this campaign one guys who values the one rupee asks the other guy whom doesn’t seems to value the one rupee. They sometimes use words like after all it is one rupee. I hate that part as they say something negative about the one unit of Indian currency. However small its value is, it is money and they should’ve respected that. If the guy who made such statement is some kind of negative role or if someone else corrects  him, that would’ve been okay, but in their advertisements, they show him as hero as he says something and wins over the other guy.
                Here is what happens: The first guy owes second guy one rupee. The second guy asks the first guy to give him the one rupee. First guy says, “c’mon yaar, after all it is one rupee. Moreover I do not have it.” When second guy insists, first guy show a video in his mobile phone and says, “This video cost is one rupee and enjoy it.” In the end, the second is also happy and he joins the first guy to say, “Enjoy videos for just one rupee from Airtel.”
                I am more like the second guy and I can see how it will be in his perspective. I want my one rupee, but the other guy is showing some bullshit video. Who cares for that video at that time? If I am asking for one rupee, that means I value that high.
                And what I feel in the end of video is, “For one rupee, all you can get is to watch a video.” That degrades the value of one rupee and also the video. Airtel or its advertisement company might have thought that viewers think watching a video is precious. I don’t feel so. If they have avoided the argument part for one rupee, then I could’ve accepted the video. Just plain statement, “Watch Videos for just one rupee!” might have been better. Even the word “Just” isn’t good in that position, that doesn’t stress it. But the person who doesn’t respects one rupee and just showing the video instead is something that makes me nauseous.

I don’t want to talk about it anymore. 


No comments:

Post a Comment